Why business leadership?
Become a Christian Leader in the marketplace
Spurgeon College’s business leadership program equips students interested in the marketplace with the knowledge and skills necessary to flourish professionally and spiritually in the secular workplace.
Coursework and OutcomesExplore the courses that are included in the Business Leadership program at Spurgeon College. Students in this program must complete 120 credit hours of coursework to graduate.
- BN170 Introduction to Business and Finance
- CM110 Introduction to Public Speaking
- GE101 English Composition I
- GE102 English Composition II
- GE135 Quantitative Reasoning
- GE185 Introduction to Physical Science
- GE205 World Geography
- GE240 Survey of World Literature
- GS101 Foundations of Kingdom Success
- HM300 Introduction to Philosophy
- HM344 Christianity and the Arts
- HS210 or HS211 American History I or II
- HT200 Introduction to Ethics
- HT411 World Religions
- PY100 Introduction to Psychology
- BS115 Old Testament Survey I
- BS116 Old Testament Survey II
- BS117 New Testament Survey I
- BS118 New Testament Survey II
- BS204 Introduction to Hermeneutics
- HT112 Church History I
- HT113 Church History II
- HT350 Christian Doctrine I
- HT351 Christian Doctrine II
- HT450 The Church
- MN201 Personal Evangelism and Discipleship
- MS201 Global Missions
- BN201 Principles of Financial Accounting
- BN202 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BN214 Data & Information Systems
- BN220 Principles of Microeconomics
- BN225 Principles of Macroeconomics
- BN230 Introduction to Marketing
- BN250 Introduction to Finance
- BN317 Human Resource Management
- BN365 Business Law and Ethics
- BN375 Poverty and Wealth
- BN465 Entrepreneurial Leadership
- BN466 Not-for-Profit Leadership
This program offers students 6 hours of elective credit throughout their program.
Students graduating with the Business Leadership major will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role, place, and scope of business nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, and direct business endeavors.
- Integrate a biblical worldview in the practice of business.
HEAR FROM Spurgeon Knights
The faculty at Spurgeon College are excellent in what they do. From the classroom to serving in their local church, they live out our For the Kingdom vision.
Biblical Studies Major from Lufkin, TX