The Intercultural Studies and Biblical Counseling Double Major is designed to provide introductory experience in Christian missions, formal instruction in cultural studies, along with an understanding of the theology and methodology of biblical counseling sufficient to prepare students for local church ministries, evangelism, international or North American missions, denominational service, and/or graduate studies.
Be prepared for a lifetime of service to God and to others by participating in Fusion; a residential discipleship program including international missions.
BA Degree Outcomes
Students graduating with the Bachelor of Arts degree will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of the Christian worldview in relation to the natural and social world
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of the theological foundations of Christian ministry
- Demonstrate increased competence in practical skills of Christian ministry, such as information management, strategic decision-making, and communication
- Demonstrate an enhanced foundation for subsequent formal and informal education.
BIntercultural Studies Major Outcomes
Students graduating with the Christian Ministry major will be able to do the following:
- Interpret Scripture using theologically and historically informed principles
- Demonstrate skill in communicating biblical truth cross-culturally
- Demonstrate basic leadership skills in Christian missions and ministry.
Biblical Counseling Major Objectives
Students graduating with the Biblical Counseling major will be able to do the following:
- Evaluate the central theories and methods of modern psychology from historical and biblical perspectives.
- Develop a biblical and theological understanding of human nature.
- Demonstrate basic skill in the evaluation of modern psychological research.
- Demonstrate skill in offering biblical and theological explanations of human problems and appropriate solutions.
- Distinguish a secular approach to psychology with the Christian doctrine of the church and the responsibility of its members to care for souls.
Biblical Counseling Course Catalog
GENERAL EDUCATION CORE (48 HOURS)
BN170 Introduction to Business and Finance
CM110 Basic Communication
GE101 English Composition I
GE102 English Composition II
GE135 Quantitative Reasoning
GE185 Introduction to Physical Science
HM300 Introduction to Philosophy
GE240 Survey of World Literature
HT411 World Religions
MS201 Global Missions
MS220 Foreign Language Studies I
MS221 Foreign Language Studies II
MS250 Intro to Cross-Cultural Studies
PY100 Introduction to Psychology
GS181 Integrative I, Leadership (1 hr)
GS382 Integrative II, Assessment (1 hr)
GS483 Integrative III, Capstone (1 hr)
GE111 Physical Education I (1 hr)
GE112 Physical Education II (1 hr)
GE220 First Aid (1 hr)
BIBLICAL CORE (30 HOURS)
BS115 Old Testament Survey I
BS116 Old Testament Survey II
BS117 New Testament Survey I
BS118 New Testament Survey II
BS204 Introduction to Hermeneutics
HT450 The Church
HT350 Christian Doctrine I
HT351 Christian Doctrine II
HT200 Introduction to Ethics
MN201 Personal Evangelism & Discipleship
INTERCULTURAL STUDIES (24 HOURS)
BN375 Poverty and Wealth
BN466 Not for Profit Leadership
HT113 Church History II
IC301 International Security & Risk Management
MN255 Interpersonal Counseling & Conflict Management
MS350 Missions Practicum
MS420 International Leadership
ELECTIVES (3 HOURS)
IC101 Personal Leadership Development (Fusion)
BIBLICAL COUNSELING Major (24 HOURS)
CO100 Fundamentals of Biblical Counseling
CO110 Theological Basis for Biblical Counseling
CO201 Biblical Counseling and the Psychologies
CO222 Marriage and Family Counseling
CO301 Contemporary Issues in Counseling
CO305 Addictions and Emotions
CO401 Biblical Counseling and Medical Issues
CO450 Biblical Counseling Practicum