The Biblical Counseling degree is designed to provide a philosophical, ideological, and theological basis of knowledge in the sufficiency of Scripture and its interpretation for the task of counseling and soul care, in service to the biblically mandated mission and ministries of the local church.
Students graduating with the Biblical Counseling major will be able to do the following:
- Evaluate the central theories and methods of modern psychology from historical and biblical perspectives.
- Develop a biblical and theological understanding of human nature.
- Demonstrate basic skill in the evaluation of modern psychological research.
- Demonstrate skill in offering biblical and theological explanations of human problems and appropriate solutions.
- Distinguish a secular approach to psychology with the Christian doctrine of the church and the responsibility of its members to care for souls.
GENERAL EDUCATION CORE (45 HOURS)
BN170 Introduction to Business and Finance
BS205 Historical Geography of the Bible
CM110 Basic Communication
GE101 English Composition I
GE102 English Composition II
GE135 Quantitative Reasoning
GE185 Introduction to Physical Science
HM300 Introduction to Philosophy
GE240 Survey of World Literature
HM344 Christianity and the Arts
HT210 American History
HT411 World Religions
MS201 Global Missions
PY100 Introduction to Psychology
GS181 Integrative I, Leadership (1 hr)
GS382 Integrative II, Assessment (1 hr)
GS483 Integrative III, Capstone (1 hr)
BIBLICAL CORE (30 HOURS)
BS115 Old Testament Survey I
BS116 Old Testament Survey II
BS117 New Testament Survey I
BS118 New Testament Survey II
BS204 Introduction to Hermeneutics
HT450 The Church
HT350 Christian Doctrine I
HT351 Christian Doctrine II
HT200 Introduction to Ethics
MN201 Personal Evangelism & Discipleship
Biblical Counseling Major (30 HOURS)
CO100 Fundamentals of Biblical Counseling
CO110 Theological Basis for Biblical Counseling
CO115 History of Soul Care
CO201 Biblical Counseling and the Psychologies
CO205 Biblical Counseling and Christian Ethics
CO222 Marriage and Family Counseling
CO301 Contemporary Issues in Counseling
CO305 Addictions and Emotions
CO401 Biblical Counseling and Medical Issues
CO450 Biblical Counseling Practicum
Electives (12 HOURS)