Why intercultural studies?
To take the gospel to the nations
Spurgeon College’s intercultural studies program is geared toward students called to serve the Lord in an international context. This program will help students develop the skills needed to serve in cross-cultural contexts.
Coursework and OutcomesExplore the courses that are included in the Intercultural Studies program at Spurgeon College. Students in this program must complete 120 credit hours of coursework to graduate.
- BN170 Introduction to Business and Finance 3 hrs
- CM110 Introduction to Public Speaking 3 hrs
- GE101 English Composition I 3 hrs
- GE102 English Composition II 3 hrs
- GE135 Quantitative Reasoning 3 hrs
- GE185 Introduction to Physical Science 3 hrs
- GE240 Survey of World Literature 3 hrs
- GS101 Foundations of Kingdom Success 3 hrs
- HM300 Introduction to Philosophy 3 hrs
- HM344 Christianity and the Arts 3 hrs
- HS210 or HS211 American History I or II 3 hrs
- HT200 Introduction to Ethics 3 hrs
- HT411 World Religions 3 hrs
- PY100 Introduction to Psychology
- BS115 Old Testament Survey I
- BS116 Old Testament Survey II
- BS117 New Testament Survey I
- BS118 New Testament Survey II
- BS204 Introduction to Hermeneutics
- HT112 Church History I
- HT113 Church History II
- HT350 Christian Doctrine I
- HT351 Christian Doctrine II
- HT450 The Church
- MN201 Personal Evangelism and Discipleship
- MS201 Global Missions
- BC100 Fundamentals of Biblical Counseling
- CE405 Making Disciples
- GE111 Physical Education I
- GE112 Physical Education II
- GE220 First Aid
- IC395 Fusion Internship or CE210 Christian Leadership
- HT460 Biblical Theology
- IC101 Personal Leadership Development
- IC301 International Security & Risk Management
- MS220 Foreign Language I
- MS221 Foreign Language II
- MS250 Introduction to Cross-Cultural Studies
- MS350 Mission Practicum
- MS420 International Leadership
This program offers students 6 hours of elective credit throughout their program.
Students graduating with the Intercultural Studies major will be able to do the following:
- Interpret Scripture using theologically and historically informed principles.
- Demonstrate skill in communicating biblical truth cross-culturally.
- Demonstrate basic leadership skills in Christian missions and ministry.
HEAR FROM Spurgeon Knights
I love that Spurgeon is kingdom-centric, it's what we're all about! I love that, amid a generation immersed in worldliness, Spurgeon stands as a place that, by the power of the Spirit, equips believers for lifelong faithfulness wherever the Lord leads them.
Intercultural Studies Major from Saint Louis, MO